Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Language Training

Torrential rains have become my one longing while sitting here in West Africa. I can remember just not too long ago sitting at home in Michigan and almost freezing. Now I think thqt I'll never feel that way again. The temperature here ranges (lately) from high 80s to over 103. It's just rediculous. But that is just something that I will get used to I guess, like the whole living while being drenched in sweat.

But lately all I worry about is my language training. It's extremely difficult. And though my host mother constantly reassures me that I am getting better and am doing fine. It's still hard to believe her when I go to language class and don't understand him. All we have been doing lately is translations. But oh well I'm getting better I guess. lol.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kyle, Just wanted you to know today it felt like October I think the high was 60, tomorrow will be the same but it's going to warm up by the weekend. I feel for you with the heat, I can't take it when it's so hot so I give you lots of credit.. Don't worry so much about the french I know you will get it just give it some time. Take care and drink lots of water!!!

    Love, Aunt Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kyle, Thank God for the rain, do you run out and allow it to cool you off? In Texas last week we had 102 almost the whole time we were there, I thought of you a lot whenever I was tempted to complain. I sat in the shade and was grateful for an occasional breeze. So glad you can get a cold drink now and then. Kyle, you will get the language, don't get discouraged, give it time, I know you can do this. You are awesome and I am praying for you. Love MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey bud, I remember while learning Arabic feeling completely lost at times ...... but it all works out. You will be surprised at how much you can get across when necessary. Don't shy away from uncomfortable situations, which I'm sure you don't, and take it one step at a time. I am very proud of you - good luck and I will keep checking your blog for your progress.

    ReplyDelete