Saturday, September 26, 2009

A new beginning in Gaoua.

So I'm in a new city now. My permanent site, it is in the south of the country. It is beautiful here. I know that I owe people a lot of photos. They will be coming soon. I have started my job here by fixing all of the computers in the computer lab, and boy is that a chore, those computers are slow.

I've been trying to get out and meet people. The town now realizes that I live here, and that I am not going anywhere. But they still think I'm a German, which I find hilarious.

I found a little cafe near my house and have become friends with the little old lady who owns the place, she has been feeding me well. It's good food. Like chicken soup with a tomato broth and bread, yum!

2 comments:

  1. Thank God for little old ladies that feed my son well. Glad to hear you are starting to develop some friendships and that they realize your going to be there a while. What a great adventure you are having. We are so excited for you and you are in our prayers. You are doing a great thing Kyle by giving of yourself in this way. We love and miss you very much. Love Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up with the updates as often as you can, Kyle. It is exciting to hear of all that is going on. Thank you for doing the work you are doing there.

    Rory

    ReplyDelete